Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Brownies

Patrick surprised me a couple of weeks ago with some "healthy" brownie mix from the co-op. I'm trying to reserve this blog for things made basically from scratch, but this seemed worth mentioning as a jewel because it contains rice flour, evaporated cane juice instead of sugar, and an array of other wonderfully healthier ingredients. The mix was enough for 2 8x8 pans, and this is the second batch, to which I also added some pure maple syrup, a shaved cube of unsweetened cocoa, and chopped walnuts. They were phenomenal. Just like my wonderful husband who brought home the mix that day... xxxoooxxx

A story I found: A young girl was at the dentist for a check up. With much tutting, the dentist examined all her teeth. Finally he announced crossly "Young lady, you've been eating far too many sweet things, several of your teeth need filling."
"Oh goody!" she replied happily. "Can I have chocolate filling please?"

love-A

No comments:

Post a Comment