Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Geoff

for my brother-in-law's birthday, I asked what kind of cake I could make him as a gift from us. he requested chocolately chocolate chocolate cake- with cherries. then Patrick suggested we make it in the shape of Number Man- a disgruntled character Geoff created and has written some comic books about. Thus-the creation of the cake you see pictured. Number Man is looking at a pile of the leftovers after cutting him out... saying "What a shitty cake."
The ridiculous part: when we delivered the cake, part of the Number Man frosting stuck to the cover of the cake pan...and therefore ruined it before Geoff got to see it. but he was gracious and cited the irony of how a ruined cake fits the essence of Number Man.
Tracing with icing is trickier than I suspected- but it turned out alright for my first try.... love, A

No comments:

Post a Comment